CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 6, 2009

Strange feeling...

This is quite the strange feeling. I am sitting in a hospital bed hooked up to all kinds of equipment awaiting the birth of our first child. Ryan is down in the cafeteria and I am alone enjoying a quiet moment before all the crazyness starts. My water broke last night and after confirming it this morning I was sent to the hospital to have the little guy even though I was (and still am not) in labor. I can tell that it's going to be a pretty long night. I think it will be interesting to look back on this entry in days and weeks to come, as so much will change. I am ever grateful for the perfect plan the Lord has laid out to get me (us) to this moment. As I am nervous about how much our lives will change, I am excited to meet my new little guy. Friends and family have been praying for him for two years, and I actually get to hold him in a matter of hours. God is so good.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Andrea, I cannot even express how excited I am for you right now. I love that you wrote this post, mostly just for YOU to look back on later, not for us. These are precious moments!

The Hines Family said...

Everyone at school was SO excited for you today! Mrs. Blanchard announced that you were at the hospital and that we would have a new little Benton Heights tiger soon! Can't wait to see pictures! (And hear the name!)

Anna said...

We are thinking of you and can't wait to see pictures of your beautiful little boy!
James & Anna :)

Jenna Anderson said...

this is awesome andrea. can't wait to read a follow up. praying for you.

gs said...

Amen! God is good and you will love that you captured this moment just before meeting #1!

Unknown said...

Everyone at school has been thinking of you and I have said many a prayer the last few hours for you. Enjoy these moments and give that beautiful boy a kiss for us. We love you.

The Hines Family said...

I keep checking in hoping for news! Hope you're doing well! :-)

Tara said...

Justin and I just saw the pictures of Grayson...he is absolutely precious!! And you, my love, look amazing (but I am so not surprised by that)! Lots of love and congrats on your new little man!