CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Beloved Books...



About 10 years ago, when I was in college, a friend of mine handed me the Mark of the Lion trilogy and told me I needed to read them. And read them I did! I took them to class and had to read them under my desk because I COULDN'T put them down! Since then I have read the trilogy of books about 5 times! They are Christian historical fiction written by Fracine Rivers. The books have remarkable story development and deep meaningful characters that I come to care about deeply and miss when I close the last page.

I love that God chooses to speak to His children in many different ways. I have learned that God speaks freely to me through story. Jesus knew to teach in parables...which means that there are many others like me! The story in these books takes place about 70 years after Christ's assention starting off with the fall of Jeruselum. The story explores the new Christian church and her followers through the disparity of ancient Rome, slavery, emporers, gladiators, and more. The faith of the Christian characters in the story is breathtaking and truly rocks and awakens my love for Christ.

I truly love these books and love to tell others about them. I hope people will pick them up...you will not be dissapointed. If unsure, look on amazon and you will see hundreds of others who agree with me. Happy reading!

2 comments:

The Hines Family said...

Thanks for the recommendation! I may check out Fracine Rivers--you're the second person I've heard mention her recently.

Unknown said...

I will make a point to get them!! :) I have been needing something encouraging and uplifting!