CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 26, 2009

School's out for summer....school's out forever!

It just hit me a few days ago that if circumstances were different I would be heading back to school tomorrow to greet the smiling faces of a new class of first graders. Now that I am staying home with Grayson my life has and will be very different. I enjoyed so much my time as a first grade teacher in Charlotte and look forward to the day when I will reenter the teaching profession once my responsibility of being a mom to very little ones has passed. There are many things that I will miss about teaching and many things I will not!

Great things about teaching:

1. Getting the opprotunity to teach kids how to read, something that they will use for the rest of thier lives.

2. Little smiling faces.

3. Wonderful teacher friends that can truely understand what teaching is really like.

4. The challenge of a job that never gets old or tedious.


Things that make teaching difficult:

1. Long commute to work (half hour each way)

2. Behavior problems that I can't seem to handle.

3. Watching kids struggle with issues that they should not have too at such a young age.

4. Being so overworked, and overwhelmed that I can't think straight!


While there are many cons and they often block out the pros of teaching, I am excited to have been part of the profession and will always be a teacher at heart.

1 comments:

The Hines Family said...

You're a great teacher! We're going to miss you this year! :-)